New parents, including stepparents and those in blended families, can feel overwhelmed with their emotions and the unexpected things that come with taking on a parenting role. It can be especially complicated when a new baby is added to the family. We help parents with children of all ages because parenting is a lifelong journey.
Parenting Counselling may be helpful for you if you notice any of the following:
- Too irritable with your child
- Feelings of rage
- Too anxious – not knowing what to do and freezing up due to this
- Blaming your child
- Blaming your partner
- Over-reacting to your child making mistakes
- Overly protective – overly worried about your child getting hurt/dying
- Unreasonably emotional about things
- Keeping your concerns to yourself with no one to talk with that you trust
- Would benefit from a person who has experience parenting but isn’t family, won’t judge you.
Many of us tend to parent the same way our own parents did. But sometimes, we want to do things differently. However, this can be difficult because we might end up being too strict or too lenient. We help parents connect with their own values and goals instead of following old patterns. By becoming more self-aware, you can parent more intentionally and effectively. We also help parents understand how their own emotions and anxieties can impact their parenting. Contact us to learn how we can help you become more connected with yourself and your children.